Ceramic relief portraits - images needed

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 17:51:57 PDT

I am doing ceramic relief portraits next with my 8th graders. I will be
showing them the terre cotta relief from the Renaissance. I have plenty of
Della Robbia images (and others from the Renaissance). I will also show a
video short of Michelangelo's sculptures (for those interested -- it is at
the beginning of the "Agony and Ecstasy" video -- about ten minutes long
maybe? -- That's is all I show form the tape).

I have an image from one of Woody's students that I will include in my
PowerPoint (his student of the year). Does anyone else have ceramic relief
portraits online?

I am also looking for contemporary artist who do ceramic relief. I like the
work of Robert Arenson but there isn't much of his work online....

Please point me in the direction of other modern ceramic relief art. If at
all possible give me the URL..... I have spent hours searching already...
If you do not have a URL....names of ceramic sculptural artists will do. I
may throw is a few David Stabley relief works -- although his are not high
relief.
(I will use Gregg Luginbuhl -- a Bluffton College prof too --- link on my
site)

Thanks in advance for your help.... I will be putting my PowerPoint
together next week end.

Judy Decker

P.S. For anyone interested in Ceramic Effigy.... I searched that topic
today, too.... I found many links for pre-Columbian effigies but few for
Native American (I wanted Moundbuilders, Mississippi culture etc-- from the
mid west). I will send the file of links to anyone interested.

---