Re: Image and word

---------

From: The Whites (bolide_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 17:01:02 PDT

Jan, I don't know if this would work for you, but one thing I do is have
students paint a picture with a theme; brainstorm words that fit that theme;
then cut each into one or one and a half inch strips to create a weaving.
We call it word weaving. Lots of opportunities to work this out in
different ways - we have done individual ones from 9" x " all the way to
having one large canvass that students weave their images and words into
that is a class work. I usually do this with 4th up, but a third grade
teacher recently borrowed the idea successfully for her class. I think we
may do a schoolwide on the theme of America's freedoms. Good Luck, Linda W.
in Norman, OK