Re: image and word

---------

From: krista hagan (khagan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 12:53:06 PDT

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but here is something
my 6th graders are working on right now.
They are doing found object sculptures (we looked at Louise Nevelson,
Duchamp, and Dadaism). They learned the words Objective (fact), and
Subjective (feeling/opinion) and made an objective and subjective list
of words about the objects they brought in. They then combined the two
lists to create a poem. After reading their poems, they decided what
type of a theme their poem had, and are "decorating" their sculptures
based on the theme. You can't even believe the poetry these kids wrote!
Amazing! So far, it's proving to be a fun project.
-Krista

---