Roosevelt's Speech - Four Freedoms

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 10:48:33 PDT

There is audio on this site:
http://nmaa-ryder.si.edu/collections/exhibits/posters/freedoms.html

Posters of Persuasion has speech also)
http://www.nara.gov/exhall/powers/freedoms.html

Excerpt from speech:
We look forward to a world founded upon four essential human freedoms.
The first is freedom of speech and expression--everywhere in the world.
The second is freedom of every person to worship God in his own way--
everywhere in the world.
The third is freedom from want . . . everywhere in the world.
The fourth is freedom from fear . . . anywhere in the world.
--President Franklin D. Roosevelt, Message to Congress, January 6, 1941

The entire text:
http://www.libertynet.org/~edcivic/fdr.html

Don't mind me... I am just sharing with you the research I do for me....
Getty is my "back-up" for Art Resources (I learned from experience to have
more than one back-up). Now I share ALL of the searches I do with the
list --even if you folks don't ask for them.

Judy Decker

---