Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Patriotic Posters (Sally and all)

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 10:28:48 PDT

Posters American Style - Smithsonian (excellent)

The Navy Way

All Posters (click on American-- then patriotic -- Also American History)
Don't let the kiddies hunt--- some "naughty" prints) (this is the link that lead me to All
Posters--- Don't think I would have kids look a site called Spyce, though)

WWI Posters

World War II - Powers of Persuasion (excellent site -- Has Rockwell's four
Freedoms, too) --click symbols of American in Art (Barewalls does have Warren Kimble, too)

Warren Kimble prints (has photo of Kimble) With this
site - you have to download the images-- the larger ones don't
automatically come into view-- maybe use caution with this one. (G Osborne
wrote about virus from sites that ask you download)

Poster --Wings over America

David Behrens - Founding Fathers (I liked this one) (more on this artist) (images of his work)

Protest Posters -- (Not for kids)

Posters at turn of Century (some interesting background)

Well.... I think I bet call it quits for now.... See what happens when you
folks are also interested in the same topics as me (tee-hee)...and there
were some who thought this list a waste of time.... I am glad I was able to
waste some time to help a colleague.

Safe Sunday,

Judy Decker