Patriotic Posters (Sally and all)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 10:28:48 PDT

Posters American Style - Smithsonian (excellent)
http://www.nmaa.si.edu/posters/
http://nmaa-ryder.si.edu/collections/exhibits/posters/essay.html

http://gulib.lausun.georgetown.edu/dept/speccoll/amposter.htm

The Navy Way
http://www.thenavyway.com/page1005.html

All Posters (click on American-- then patriotic -- Also American History)
http://www.allposters.com/
Don't let the kiddies hunt--- some "naughty" prints)
http://spycie.tripod.com/patriot.html (this is the link that lead me to All
Posters--- Don't think I would have kids look a site called Spyce, though)

WWI Posters
http://www.wwi-posters.com/

World War II - Powers of Persuasion (excellent site -- Has Rockwell's four
Freedoms, too)
http://www.nara.gov/exhall/powers/powers.html

Barewalls.com --click symbols of American in Art
http://www.barewalls.com (Barewalls does have Warren Kimble, too)

Warren Kimble prints (has photo of Kimble)
http://www.encore-editions.com/featuredartist/kimble.htm

http://www.earthstation1.com/American_Propaganda_Posters.html With this
site - you have to download the images-- the larger ones don't
automatically come into view-- maybe use caution with this one. (G Osborne
wrote about virus from sites that ask you download)

Poster --Wings over America
http://www.openstore.com/posters/wings.jpg

David Behrens - Founding Fathers (I liked this one)
http://www.sunlandimports.com/sunland/prods/236205.html
http://www.webwest.com/behrens/ (more on this artist)
http://gallery4collectors.com/DavidBehrens.htm (images of his work)

Protest Posters -- (Not for kids)
http://lists.village.virginia.edu/sixties/HTML_docs/Exhibits/Track16.html

Posters at turn of Century (some interesting background)
http://members.aol.com/ArionS414/poster.html

Well.... I think I bet call it quits for now.... See what happens when you
folks are also interested in the same topics as me (tee-hee)...and there
were some who thought this list a waste of time.... I am glad I was able to
waste some time to help a colleague.

Safe Sunday,

Judy Decker

---