Re: liquid tempera organization ?

---------

From: Phil A. (philalb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 07:24:29 PDT

At 21:14 9/22/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I had 850 students. Five-day rotation schedule with 40 minute
>classes. When all colors were prepared and we were ready to PAINT with
>tempera, I called it PAINT AND CHANGE

  This sounds like a lot of fun! My biggest problem with painting is the
waste of paints with such short class times (35 min) and no way to keep
paints pure from one class to the next. If the paints indeed stay wet as
you say this would solve my problems, except all classes don't paint all
day long. I've had to mix up the media to keep my sanity. While 2nd and 4th
are weaving, 1st, 3rd and 5th will be painting or drawing. I found that
when I try to have everyone paint, I just don't have time to change things
out and clean up properly between classes. My Principal has the specials
teachers go and pickup/return the kids to their classrooms. This takes
anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes travel time from my 35 minutes. We have 588
students with a 10 day rotation schedule, but I see each class 3 times in
that 10 days.

Thanks for the suggestion on the list. I think I may try it next year. It
sounds neat to have all those colors in cups premixed.

---