Re: Image and word

---------

MarshArt_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 16:48:14 PDT

In a message dated 9/22/01 5:41:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jekteachme@yahoo.com writes:

> Any ideas for art combining image and word in works of
> art?
> Jan in Miami

 We have done collages with cut out words from magazines. The whole
composition
is done with type so that it forms a value picture (12x18) of a landscape
with hills, trees, animals, etc. What happens is that it turns into a "tonal
value" collage because of the boldness of the type selected. Beware! The kids
need to start collecting "words" way ahead. They can pick words fitting the
theme of the art work.

Marsha

---