Re: liquid tempera organization ?

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 14:50:32 PDT

As an elementary teacher with 40 min. classes, very little prep time, and
classes full of active kids, I try to keep the clean up time at the sink to
a minimum. Therefore, plastic paint palettes don't work for me. Plus, if
you're painting with, say, 600 kids a week, or even 100 (one grade level)
it's hard to give one to each student to use for the whole assignment.
Anyway, out of all the methods I have tried, this one (from the list) has
worked the best for me. I place eight 6 oz. yogurt cups with lids in a
plasic caddy with a handle (I bought basket style ones from a dollar store),
one for each of my seven tables. Since the cups have lids, the paint stays
moist for a long time. You just have to preach to the kids to keep the
colors pure. For mixing, they use plastic lids from cool whip or sherbert
containers, scooping the paint out of the cups with a tongue depressor (one
for each color), paint could also be poured out. The kids put the dirty
"palettes" (lids) in a bucket for later cleaning (by me or a helper
student). You could have a refilling station, for when the cups run low.
Kids could refill themselves.

Hope this helps,
Leah

p.s. these paint sets also stack nicely for storage.

Subject: liquid tempera organization ?

> I need some advice on organizing the use of liquid tempera. I want my 5th
> grade students to be able to choose from all the colors and mix new
colors--

---