From Liberty to Animals in Art (images)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 14:41:48 PDT

If Roberta hadn't posted Leroy Neiman's Liberty. I never would have
discovered LeRoy Neiman's animals.... endangered animals...animal
families...African Safari.... Many great images are online. I quit doing my
Pop Art Andy Warhol "Endangered Animals" unit because I no longer admired
Warhol as a person of character (not to dredge up Warhol posts from two
years ago)... I will use Warhols' images (I have a print set) with those of
Neiman (anyone know of anything "shady" about Neiman that would make him
inappropriate for 6th graders?).

I found many images from Neiman in the site I posted earlier today:
http://www.doubletakeart.com/psearch3.html
Tigers - elephants - gorillas- zebras and more.

There are more on poster sites and the LeRoy Neiman official site:
LeRoy Neiman
http://www.leroyneiman.com/core.htm

Biography
http://www.avatargalleries.com/artists/neiman.html

Just thought I'd share this with my friends. Please post any additional
artists who have played around with animals as subject matter (artists who
may inspire 6th graders).

Judy Decker

---