Re: Trish's Impressionism for Middle School

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 14:39:31 PDT

Trish,

Janet's thin white paint and chalk is an excellent project! Great way to introduce them to impressionist effects. However, I would have a difficult time convincing my middle schoolers that Linnea in Monet's Garden was worth investing in. Tone is much too cute for my way too cool middle schoolers. I've found the video is perfect for grades 2-4. For Middle School, perhaps reproductions would be sufficient, or slides from The Clark Art Institute would be more appropriate.

Good luck, Mark