Mexican Papier Mache

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 12:12:29 PDT

Thank you to who ever it was that posted a reply... I had missed the
original request completely (it was made on Sept 11).

I have many links to Mexican Folk art on my page for Hispanic Culture Month
(which has been delayed a bit for my classes).
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/mexico.htm

Please post additional resources you have for Mexican papier mache.
Alebrijes (pronounced al leh BREE haze) are made out of a wood found in
Oaxaca, or papier-mache. There is a lesson on Getty ArtsEdNet:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/resources/Look/Animals/index.html

(Mainly for dingbats -- as I will be using it...smile Bunki --- But others
are welcome to use it too). You know? The entertainers were pretty
emotional about all of the happenings, too -- I saw that on the special
last night (all of the networks thought it pretty important, too)... But I
guess they are dingbats, too -- You know, they are arty --musicians--
actors --artists -- we are all alike. I am proud to be associated with
this bunch of dingbats... I will nominate myself for queen of dingbats --
does anyone else want to be on the ballet? OK--enough ... I am done having
my chuckles about all of this.

Having a Safe Saturday,

Judy Decker

---