Re: Liquid tempera organization

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 11:05:06 PDT

Gosh more great tips from "sister" Bunki! She has laughed at all of my
"Bunki Words of Wisdom" that I have saved in various folders on my
computer.... Last summer was going to be my summer to get some of those
organizational things ready that Bunki has suggested over the years....but
I had other plans instead (that were more fun). The cleaning brush
container is another good one -- and easy to make.

From Bunki:
>If it were me, I'd also purchase a class set of white plastic palettes
with
see-through plastic covers that fit tightly over the paint. Paint will save
a L-O-N-G time in these containers. (I found an old palette full of paint
last summer that had been filled 3 months prior and it was STILL full of
liquid!). My kids keep their palettes in their "cubby" overnight. If you
don't have a cubby system, they can put their names on a piece of tape
stuck
underneath the palette and stack them.
Here is another tip for those round white plastic paint trays.... I have a
set of twelve covered ones that is use (students still mix in their own six
well trays). I put a little dab of all colors in them and keep them fresh
by putting a folded damp paper towel in the center well -- keeps the paints
from drying out. I had forgotten to tell Susan that one. Sometimes I put a
small butter dish of each main color at the tables so students don't have
to get up as often to replenish colors.

The important thing is to experiement with what works for you....

Judy Decker

---