Re: List works or artists -- patriotic theme (symbols of America)

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 09:27:34 PDT

Judy Decker wrote:

> Thanks for the tip on Peter Max and Lady Liberty.... Could all of you folks
> brainstorm for me on other artists who have painted patriotic themes?

Judy,

Several years ago the Phoenix Art Museum had a very controversial show
which featured works portraying the American flag in a variety of
ways--usually as a statement or protest. I don't have the book with me
at the moment, but would you be interested in those artists? Or just
the ones showing more "patriotic" themes?

Maggie

---