Re: liquid tempera organization ?

---------

From: Susan Bennett (sbennett_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 07:23:50 PDT

I don't know if I am wise, but I have borowed form art teachers and this is
what I do in elemntary. I have trays that are about 18" x 24" that are hard
plastic. They are old cafetereia trays. I use them for other thigs as
well. But I have one paint trya for every group of 4 students. On these
trays I have little 2 oz cups that I have purchased from Sams club. I also
buy the plastic lids that fit. I place these little cups on the trays and
fill them about 3/4 full of paint. They need refreshed, often, as I sue
them all day long. I place these trays in the middle of the group. I then
pass out flat foam trays also from the cafeteria.( These I have children
recycle as they are being tossed into a recylce ben.) I use scrap paper on
these to create a pallete. The children throw the paper away and the trays
are reused for years. I have cut my paint usage in half by keeping these
large paint trays going. I use quite a few litle cups as they crack and so
forth. I also paint all of the time because it has aided in conveneince.
Susan in ohio (Hope it makes sense. )