List works or artists -- patriotic theme (symbols of America)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 07:09:07 PDT

Thanks for the tip on Peter Max and Lady Liberty.... Could all of you folks
brainstorm for me on other artists who have painted patriotic themes?
Jasper Johns - "Three Flags" is one (although not necessarily patriotic in
nature).... List as many as come to mind..... I am thinking about doing
something third trimester with 8th grade. Faith Ringgold has some with the
flag too (not patriotic in nature).

Also list as many symbols for America that come to mind:

Flag (stars and stripes)
Liberty Bell
Statue of Liberty
Independence Hall
White House
US Capitol Building
Bald Eagle
Lincoln Memorial

etc -- You get the idea..... Just add on to the list..... No rush for
answers.... I had to turn in my long range plans this past week (my year
outline). I wonder if my principal wants an update every time I change my
mind and plan to do something else?...

Judy Decker

---