PBS Previews: Art in the 21st Century

---------

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 07:08:21 PDT

ART IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY
"Identity"/"Consumption"
Friday, September 28, 2001 (9-11:00 pm)
This new series explores contemporary visual art in America profiling
artists from San Francisco to Ohio, Virginia and New York who work in a
wide range of media. With an introduction by Steve Martin and William
Wegman, the first hour examines how artists confront the questions "Who
am I?" and "Who are we?" in a pluralistic, multicultural world. The
second episode turns its eye on the influences a consumerist society
and pop culture exert on contemporary art and vice-versa. (CC, Stereo,
WWW: http://pbs.org/art21/ )
---------------
PBS Previews is a publication of PBS Online. Reproduction is permitted
with proper credit given to PBS Online.

A Web version of PBS Previews and an archive of back issues can be
accessed at: http://pbs.org/previews/

PBS Online offers a special weekly newsletter just for educators! Visit
pbs.org/teachersource/previews/previews.shtm to learn more about PBS
Teacher Previews.

Respectfully submitted,
BJ Berquist
Associate Educator, TAPPED IN