Re: Statue of Liberty

---------

From: John Kupcinski (jckup_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 06:11:10 PDT

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001, Judie wrote:
> Also Peter Max has painted the
>statue a gazillion times from a barge near the statue. I just haven't been
>able to pull up site of his works.

I have an old magazine page (from 1996) that shows the heads (only) of five
of his paintings. I could try scanning it for you. Email me privately if
you'd like it.

The above page also carried this bit of information: "Inspired by
America's bicentennial, on July 4th 1976, Peter Max began his annual
tradition of painting Liberty portraits. In 1981, for the sixth year of
this tradition, Max was invited to paint six Liberties at the White House.
His Liberty portraits led directly to the Statue's restoration in 1986.
which Max personally helped actualize."

In addition, this advertisement mentions a book called "Liberty 96" which
features his works. Hope this helps.
Cheryl

---