Re: Statue of Liberty

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 03:38:57 PDT

If you go to www.ixquick.com and type in a search for "Lady Liberty" there
are wonderful sites there that give a wonderful history and information
about the origins of the ideas that lead up to our current image of Lady
Liberty. If you click on "pictures" it will take you to the site below
that has a Neiman image of the statue. Also Peter Max has painted the
statue a gazillion times from a barge near the statue. I just haven't been
able to pull up site of his works.
He was in Atlanta last fall and featured several of these images, there
were wonderful, colorful, images.

My high school students also took on this "patriotic" project very quietly
but energized and proud of their work.

Good luck.

Judie

http://s13.ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl?cmd=process_search&startat=10&language=e
nglish&qid=LGLKKLLPNMLL&query=Lady+Liberty&cat=pics&rl=NONE

---