Re: Whistles

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 21:40:17 PDT

Vivian Komando wrote:

> I know that lots of the Elementary teachers do whistles
> and some Middle School teachers, but I haven't heard from
> too many HS teachers that use this lesson.

That's because I'm afraid they could be used as pipes! I'm not very
well-versed on pipe technology, but I have seen kids in the past sucking
rather than blowing. I have to watch their effigy vessels like a hawk,
as some have turned into bongs (which those naughty kiln gods plug up
before firing).

Maggie

---