Middle School lessons needed

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 16:57:22 PDT

Hello my arty "brothers and sisters" -- Yes, we are "family"....

A new list member (Trish Gorman tgorman79@hotmail.com ) needs lesson plans
for Impressionism....She is not Art Certified -- but is up to the
challenge.... I forwarded some lesson plan links and a link to our list
member's sites.... How about showing this new member what this list is all
about?
She is teaching a group of 15 - 8th graders.

Teach Impressionism
http://www.impressionism.org/teachimpress/default.htm
http://www.impressionism.org/ (home page)

Claude Monet
http://www.lessonplanspage.com/ArtImpressionismMonet.htm

Elementary plan (but adaptable)
http://members.aol.com/TWard64340/Impressionism.htm

Web Quest (for secondary-- but can be adapted)
http://www.spa3.k12.sc.us/WebQuests/Impressionism/index.htm

Trish's request:

>I am in great need of ideas for an Impressionist Art project. I
> have few supplies, but have pastels, oil pastels and paints. I
> am also seeking ideas for warm-up lessons to teach basic
> concepts necessary to attempting anything Impressionist. Ie,
> shading, using color, mixing colors, creating light and dark,
> warm and cold, etc. I would appreciate any help anyone
> could offer, and so would my kids

I would like to see those who complained about the quality of posts to this
list come forward and offer some help to Trish. If you folks want to see
"glogging of cyberspace" - you should see all of the junk I posted over the
summer (I am lucky so many knew how to delete...tee-hee). What I like about
this list is that we DO have freedom of speech. I kind of like being a
"dingbat" art teacher....it gives me "character". I think I will ring that
bell of mine....

Rather than complaining about posts, why not drop that person a personal
message and get to know them...you might make a new friend. Some have
complained about the religious posts.... I find religion and art closely
related...and impossible to separate when introducing other cultures.
Teaching about religion of the culture leads to understanding.

Healthy debate is good....but harsh words and name calling are not needed
on this list.....Just my humble opinion.

Judy Decker

---