re:time to go/Jim and Dawn

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 08:30:54 PDT

I also get frustrated when topics on the list seem
inappropriate, but I cannot imagine being upset enough
about it to unsubscribe. I recommend the list to all
the new teachers I know, and I read it and respond
quite frequently.
I understand that many of the subscribers are
extremely dedicated to this list, and would consider
other members friends, since many of us have met face
to face. Therefore, we send out messages that we think
our friends would like to read, forgetting that there
are more than likely hundreds of art teachers using
the list for a resource, "lurkers" I guess.
We do need to remember what the list is for, and keep
in mind that we are all getting those chain letters
from someone else; we don't need to be sending them to
the list.
Let's keep it informative, and if you have an issue
with someone's post(s), please be tactful in your
response. Dawn's approach was not tactful in my
opinion. From now on, I plan to reread my posts to
make sure I'm not being catty or degrading, and I
suggest you all do the same. What's funny or
interesting to some of us can be annoying to those who
are only reading the posts for professional
development.

Peace,
Jayna