new teacher needs help

---------

From: Trish Gorman (tgorman79_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 03:41:58 PDT

Hello. My name is Trish Gorman, I am working on my EducationCertification to teach Health. I have been subbing for 3 years, and have been asked to teach an overflow Art group one period/day. My class is 15 8th graders, and pretty good kids. Trouble is I have no real background in Art, but no one else was foolish enough to do this, I suspect.
I am in great need of ideas for an Impressionist Art project. I have few supplies, but have pastels, oil pastels and paints. I am also seeking ideas for warm-up lessons to teach basic concepts necessary to attempting anything Impressionist. Ie, shading, using color, mixing colors, creating light and dark, warm and cold, etc.
I would appreciate any help anyone could offer, and so would my kids!
I'm not really sure how to access replies yet, so here's my address, too. tgorman79@hotmail.com
Thanks much.

---