Islamic art links (for those interested)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 17:22:55 PDT

I found some sites on Islamic art for those interested...Continue to post
addtional sites you may have come across. I sent these sites to the
individual who requested sites about the Middle East. I know there are many
more sites out there for Islamic art.

Islamic Art and Architecture
http://www.islamicart.com/

Metropolitan Museum of Art - Islamic Collection
http://www.metmuseum.org/collections/department.asp?dep=14

Islamic Art - Los Angeles County Museum of Art
http://www.lacma.org/islamic_art/islamic.htm

Islamic - Language and Arts links
http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/umma/lang.html
Muslim world
http://wings.buffalo.edu/sa/muslim/umma/umma.html

Detroit Institute of Art
http://www.dia.org/collections/ancient/islamicart/islamicart.html

Islamic Art, Music, and Architecture Around the World (links page)
http://www.arches.uga.edu/~godlas/IslArt.html

Islamic Art (Medieval)
http://www.mcad.edu/AICT/html/medieval/islamart.html

Islamic City: Art, Culture and History links
http://islamicity.com/education/culture/

Islamic Art History - Web links
http://witcombe.sbc.edu/ARTHmedieval.html#Islamic

Islamic Art - Brief summary of faith - art - mathematicians
http://www.eldarco.com/isart/

Mosques from around the world
http://media.aicp.org/html/islamic_pictures-mosques001.html

ArtLex- Islam-Islamic Art defined
http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/ij/islamic.html

Islamic art images (from a CD Rom) - no descriptions of images
http://www.multimedialibrary.com/FramesML/IM7/IM7.html

---