RE: Who painted Christ foreshortened?

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 09:55:30 PDT

        "Lamentation Over the Dead Christ" by Andrea Mantegna c. 1480 shows
the dead Christ in a dramatically foreshortened pose.....

        this is from the Eyewitness book on perspective - p. 21.

        The artist also painted the first full-blown illusionistic room
scheme: The painted Room in the Gonzaga Palace. Also shown in the book.
        Ellen

> I am teaching art from different points of view and trying to
> remember
> who painted a scene of Christ after the crucifixion. It is His body,
> feet first, very dramatic. Anybody know the one I am referring to?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>

> Ann Wilschke

---