Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: Who painted Christ foreshortened?

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 09:55:30 PDT

        "Lamentation Over the Dead Christ" by Andrea Mantegna c. 1480 shows
the dead Christ in a dramatically foreshortened pose.....

        this is from the Eyewitness book on perspective - p. 21.

        The artist also painted the first full-blown illusionistic room
scheme: The painted Room in the Gonzaga Palace. Also shown in the book.