Re: painting windows

---------

From: JIM WITTSTRUCK (JWITTSTRUCK_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 08:54:52 PDT

Donna,

I don't know what others have done, but I usually put some liquid dish soap in the paints. Not much, maybe a few drops. I think this helps it cover the glass without beading up, and the clean up afterwards is pretty good too.

I let a few of my 5th and 6th grade students each paint a window (metal framed) that measures about 3 x 5 feet, done it now for about four years.

Drops of soap and have no fear!

Jim W.

Jim Wittstruck
M. W. Savage Elementary
Savage, MN 55044

>>> clarkda@glasscity.net 09/19/01 10:19PM >>>
Hi everybody, has anyone ever painted windows? Someone told me to mix
Tide with the tempera paint so it will stick. Suggestions? Thanks, Donna
still in the soggy tent, but teaching ART!!! :)