Re: September 11, 2001 and news clippings

---------

From: klmvisarts (klmvisarts_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 02:00:39 PDT

christene,
i teach high school art and have been doing the same thing. we started a
collage on a large bulletin board in my room. students were offered an
opportunity to add their own drawings or writings to the collection of
newspaper clippings. i thought i would document it as it evolves. i
reminded them that in their art questionnaire that they filled out the first
day most of them answered "why is art important?" with something having to
do with expressing feelings that you can't always communicate in other
ways...
Kerry