Re: historical question

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 17:17:26 PDT

"The History of Art Education" by Ralph Smith is a small book that
details exactly what you need. Be prepared, though. It's not summer
read or "I can't wait to read the next chapter" sort of book, but it is
a well researched book with plenty of information.

It's required reading for most graduate art ed courses, so university
libraries or maybe used book stores that deal in textbooks would have
it.

Pam

Elizabeth Cheever wrote:

> Does anyone have information regarding the history of teaching art in public
> schools?

---