Re: careful!

---------

From: mark alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 09:15:43 PDT

MaryB,

I do agree with your statements that these terrorists are not in their
right minds, and that they seem to use their religion to justify their
horrible acts. Furthermore, I believe that they must be caught and
punished for these crimes against innocent people.

However, catching and punishing these terrorists will NEVER be as
effective as taking steps towards reducing the hatred which fuels them
and their followers. It is time for our leaders to start making
speeches which include this important insight. I find it so scary that
they haven't.

I am a proud American, but we Americans haven't always behaved in ways
we can be proud - within our country and abroad.

Peace, Mark