Re: Parody

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 08:14:32 PDT

I've done similar things in my art history class. I've been collecting
parodies of famous works of art for a number of years--a lot of teachers
and our librarian bring them in for us to use. There are lots of Mona
and AG, plus Michelangelo's David (usually covered, or showing him from
the waist up), and Rodin's Thinker, among others.

Maggie

Vivian Komando wrote:

> I have a collection of images using Grant Wood's American
> Gothic - parodies of AG are everywhere - and I have used
> this as a drawing lesson in the past with the students
> adding new personality to this icon.
>
> Icons is one of the lessons I plan to teach this year. I
> want to use the Mona Lisa (thanks for posting Ahmet
> Kurt's site:), the Venus d'Milo, and of course, American
> Gothic.

---