Re: peacemaker

---------

From: mark alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 05:05:43 PDT

Ann,

I didn't miss the point, and I sincerely thank you for making it so
eloquently. These are such important considerations. Those horrible
people responsible for the carnage in NY, PA and DC should be held
accountable, yet we need to consider this whole situation to be a wake
up call. Why did it happen? What changes can we make to prevent this
kind of thing from happening again? I believe the answer to these
questions is to 1) find the terrorists who committed these heinous
acts, and after finding proof they did it, bring them to justice, and
2) reflect on American world wide economic, political and military
behavior, and make adjustments. We must stop bullying the world with
our superpower muscles, and behave as the humanists our democracy
suggests we should be. Otherwise rooting out all the terrorists would
be a gross waste of time, money and lives.

Peace, Mark