Re: Parody

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 17:49:07 PDT

I have a collection of images using Grant Wood's American
Gothic - parodies of AG are everywhere - and I have used
this as a drawing lesson in the past with the students
adding new personality to this icon.

Icons is one of the lessons I plan to teach this year. I
want to use the Mona Lisa (thanks for posting Ahmet
Kurt's site:), the Venus d'Milo, and of course, American
Gothic.

I am still planing the lesson - but it is in the
framework of my lessons for this year.

~^~
Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a (Hu)man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, (s)he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Visit our High School art Page: http://members.home.net/artzheart