Re: written by Tamim Ansary, Afghani-American writer.

---------

From: jennifer gifford (jennogiffo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 09:22:37 PDT

     I agree with Tamim Ansary's views of this attack. We are in need of
stepping back and considering the people that are like us over there. There
are people who do not agree with Bin Laden and the Taliban. So why should
we think that they should die as well as all the terrorists. It seems to me
that the people over there are being terrorized on a daily basis, like our
one huge day of hell. I do not offer any solutions, but I'm not sure that
war is a good idea. The biggest problem that I see is that the people of
the Taliban do not fear death, how can massive amounts of American lives be
saved from them if we go over there, if we can even get there? I just want
for the American people to slow down and think about all the consequences of
war.

Jenn Gifford