Re: Accomodations

---------

From: Bill Sechler (BillSe_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 07:37:23 PDT

As much as each individual case allows, attempt to keep your lessons expectations the same as the non-handicapped child as they want to feel respected as normal. One of the most gallant (quadriplegic) students I ever knew required me place the pencil, pen or brush into his hand, unstrap him enough to lean towards his drawing/painting paper and the boy did every assignment with good results. No student in that class ever said "I can't do this." When they looked over at the boy in the wheelchair doing his best each and everyday, they too worked to their best abilities.

---