Fwd: peacemaker

---------

From: Ann Carolan (acarolan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 05:48:55 PDT

Thanks for the chain letter circulating to our President. I also thinks it
helps to write one of your own. Here is one I wrote:

My dear President Bush,
I beg you to use restraint, patience, and humility in your response to the
bombings. I have spent hours reading about Omar bin laden and the causes
for his hatred and despicable actions, looking for motives. Peace is the
fruit of justice. The sanctions on Iraq have caused the deaths of over 1
million children. Surely this is intimidation and unconscionable
retribution. Reportedly, bin Laden fuels his campaign against America by
pointing to this great injustice. Let us be consistent in our ethics and
morals. What is wrong for the terrorists is wrong for us. Jesus liberated
the souls of those bound by unforgiveness by teaching the commandment of
love. Let us look for non-violent solutions to world problems and never
forget that violence begets violence; no one wins in war,. His philosophy
is twisted and sick but let us not fuel his hate campaign with our own
guilt and passively ignoring the plight of the hungry innocent who are
starving due to our actions. Surely, then God will bless our actions.

I also feel that God has allowed this horrible deed due to our country's
acceptance of abortion and stem cell research. We have been protected by
God due to our observance of His laws. We who voted for you, look to you
to do the right thing and protect life in all its forms, to the best of
your ability. We pray that God's will be done and for you as you make
these difficult decisions. God be with you and your family.

Ann Carolan

---