Petition for Sanity
This is an appeal to the leaders of our country to let sanity prevail.
We are all grief-stricken by the appalling, inhuman events of September 11.
However, in the terrible aftermath of these events, we must plead with our
leaders to remain calm and not rashly attempt to exact swift revenge.
This email is intended to serve as a petition to our president and members
of Congress. We wish them to know that not all Americans desire swift
retribution in the absence of clear evidence of the identities of those
responsible for this tragedy. Please copy this email, sign it, and send it on.
If you are the 50th person (or multiple of 50) to receive this email, please
send a copy of the message to President
And please contact your Congressional legislators by telephone, letter, and
email. We must promptly alert our leaders of this urgent matter.
Dear President Bush,
We are deeply saddened by the events of September 11. A grievous atrocity
has been committed against the people of the United States. We keenly feel
the nation's loss, and desire that justice be done. However, we are
concerned that hasty assignment of responsibility could lead to actions that
might undermine the United States' pursuit of justice. We fear that hasty
action could heighten the anti-American sentiment that led to this tragedy.
We trust that thorough investigation of these events and cooperation with
the international community will lead to lasting, peaceful justice.
Your fellow Americans,
1. Stuart Isaac, Madison, Wisconsin
2. Susan Gaeddert, Madison, Wisconsin
3. Sandra G. Glick, Middleton, Wisconsin
4. Norris R. Glick, Middlton, Wisconsin
5. Anne K. Glick, Washington, DC
6. Jill Quinn, Washington, DC
7. Ruth Walkup, Washington, DC
8. Barbara Burton, Washington, DC
9. Jim Wehmeyer, Washington, DC
10. Nisha Varia, New York City
11. Gregory Walton, New Haven CT
12. Susan Pratt Walton, Ann Arbor, MI
13. Helen Fox, Ann Arbor, MI
14. Charlotte Pagni, Ann Arbor, MI
15. Kirsten Thompson, Detroit MI
16. Chris Straayer, NYC
17. Maria San Filippo, Atlanta, Ga
18. Rebecca Jacobs, Denver, CO
19. Judie Jacobs, Atlanta, GA