Petition for Sanity

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 02:54:23 PDT

Dear friends,

This is an appeal to the leaders of our country to let sanity prevail.

We are all grief-stricken by the appalling, inhuman events of September 11.

However, in the terrible aftermath of these events, we must plead with our

leaders to remain calm and not rashly attempt to exact swift revenge.

This email is intended to serve as a petition to our president and members

of Congress. We wish them to know that not all Americans desire swift

retribution in the absence of clear evidence of the identities of those

responsible for this tragedy. Please copy this email, sign it, and send it on.

If you are the 50th person (or multiple of 50) to receive this email, please

send a copy of the message to President
Bush: <http://lw7fd.law7.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/compose?curmbox=F000000001&a=c3
c985371d95a219ac8fa15ea90db61b&mailto=1&to=president%40whitehouse%2egov&msg=MSG1
000750200.43&start=1162840&len=8468&src=&type=x>president@whitehouse.gov

And please contact your Congressional legislators by telephone, letter, and

email. We must promptly alert our leaders of this urgent matter.

Dear President Bush,

We are deeply saddened by the events of September 11. A grievous atrocity

has been committed against the people of the United States. We keenly feel

the nation's loss, and desire that justice be done. However, we are

concerned that hasty assignment of responsibility could lead to actions that

might undermine the United States' pursuit of justice. We fear that hasty

action could heighten the anti-American sentiment that led to this tragedy.

We trust that thorough investigation of these events and cooperation with

the international community will lead to lasting, peaceful justice.

Sincerely,

Your fellow Americans,

1. Stuart Isaac, Madison, Wisconsin

2. Susan Gaeddert, Madison, Wisconsin

3. Sandra G. Glick, Middleton, Wisconsin

4. Norris R. Glick, Middlton, Wisconsin

5. Anne K. Glick, Washington, DC

6. Jill Quinn, Washington, DC

7. Ruth Walkup, Washington, DC