Art parody - Lesson online

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 17:26:43 PDT

My students really liked seeing the art parody PowerPoint that I made over
a week ago (with the help of all of you folks). Some groaned at the Art
Careers homework assignment that I gave them the week before-- so I created
an alternative assignment using the art parody sites. I put the lesson
online (and of course extended the time --- I am a bit late getting it
online). Will students actually do the assignment? Some will....
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/parody.htm (linked from Internet Lessons and
Renaissance lesson). It is not a fancy page -- but is functional.

The goal is to make students life long learners...right? and my goal is to
get them to WANT to learn about art.... So we shall see.

I did come up with a third alternative assignment on designing a memorial
for the World Trade Center.... but will not put the assignment on line. For
that one, they have to do a little research on three memorials that have
already been done for other causes (just "who? what? when? where? and
why?")--then design one appropriate for the World Trade Center area. I have
a few who are interested in doing that one.

Doesn't all of the research say students learn best when they choose what
to learn? Let's just hope they DO choose one (smile).... and they do say
homework should be meaningful....

Judy Decker

---