Re: Clean-Up on a Cart/Hand Wipes

---------

From: Susan Holland (Susan_Holland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 17:25:24 PDT

Here's an excerpt from that message on wipes. I'm using these wipes in my
classroom to avoid having kids lined up at my sink. The thing I haven't
figured out is a good way to cut the roll in half. I've sawn a couple of rolls
and it makes for lots of lint.

"Here's how I make my own baby wipes: Cut a roll of paper towels in half; I
recommend Bounty plain white. You will have what looks like two thick rolls
of toilet paper. Place one roll of paper towels in a 2 or 3 quart Rubbermaid
cylinder container. Pour a mixture of 2 1/2 cups boiled water, 2 tablespoons
baby oil, and 1 tablespoon baby wash (like Johnson's) down the core of the
towels. Wait a few minutes, then pull out the cardboard core. Within a hour
the paper will have absorbed the liquid. The wipe will spiral out from
center. For portable use in the diaper bag, I use a leftover blue plastic
wet wipe container and refill with my homemade one. L. White"

artsednet@lists.getty.edu writes:
>Some time back, there were a few posts with directions for making paper towel
>hand wipes that could be kept on a cart for use in classrooms. I've checked
>the archives, but just am not finding them. Does anyone remember the
>directions for these? Thanks! -judy
>

>---

---