patriotic lessons

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 16:57:40 PDT

I've decided that I will focus on patriotism in my classes. For my K
classes on Monday, we will discuss the meaning of our flag and what it means
to be patriotic. Then we will create, as a group, a large paper chain flag
(and stars) to install in the school. It will symbolize unity, for me,
anyway. I have provided a booklet of patriotic symbols for my other
students to use in whatever artwork we are doing, which they seem to want to
do. It has comforted me to see flags everywhere, and to see people wearing
red/white/blue every day since last Tuesday.

take care,
Leah

---