Mayan Predictions (for those interested)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 13:41:53 PDT

For many years, I have been teaching my students about the Maya....The
Mayan Calendar ends December 23, 2012. The Mayan calendar has been accurate
throughout time. I do not present this as a doomsday -- but rather and "end
of the world as we know it" (a "new beginning") -- maybe that is the day
for world peace? I tell them it is something to strive for....and will say
something similar to that this year when they hear those words in the video
I show.

In doing a quick search-- I didn't come across any really authoritative
sites... but in this sampling you can get the idea.
http://home.att.net/~thehessians/MayanCalendar.html
http://home.att.net/~thehessians/MilleniumProphets.html
http://www.emergenceconference.com/home.html (UFO connection)
http://newage.about.com/cs/earthprophecies/

I am with Bunki. I find these interesting ....

No one could have predicted when the attack would happen.... but I imagine
many predicted it would happen sometime.

I have found Native American prophecies interesting to study as well... I
read quite a few a couple weeks ago when I was researching Native American
religion. It was quite eerie to see how accurate they were.

For those of you who teach on - or near- reservations - Have your heard any
discussion about their feelings towards the last weeks events?

Be strong -- be safe -- model calm behavior -- help students find
non-violent solutions to conflicts. Hatred breeds hatred. God bless ALL
Americans.

"Hugs" to all of my cyber friends,

Judy

P.S. Some humor...If you want to blame someone now -- blame me because I
didn't forward on all of the "wish e-mails" I have received. My wish was
always for world peace....and if you didn't forward them the opposite would
happen -- Remember those? Remember the saying "be careful what you wish
for?" -- I know this doesn't bring comfort to anyone.... But we are a
nation who wants to find blame -- there must be someone to blame --- It
must be someone's fault... Those terrorists must have had access to my
e-mail account....someone sure did last summer (smile)

Help the children find some humor in their lives.....I like this Bill Cosby
quote: "You can turn painful situations around through laughter. If you can
find humor in anything --even poverty--you can survive it." Bill Cosby

---