RE: Nostradamus--sorted out?

---------

From: Berg, Renee (Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 12:10:48 PDT

Patty, I'm almost scared to jump in to this discussion. In reference to your
question,What is it that we hold concrete? and what should we be reading.
Since this is a friendly debate, I would like to suggest holding onto and
reading the Bible. My preference is the idea that God is concrete and never
changing. In times like these we ask ourselves is God in control? Why did he
let this happen? I believe he is God who is sovereign, but allows all humans
freedom of choice and action.In the book Habakkuk, we read that Habakkuk has
some of the same thoughts as us after experiencing something like what we
did this week.God tells him that He is in control and that you will be
amazed at how He will be glorified by what comes of this tragedy. I read
someone's response on this list that said I found myself praying, and was
surprised because I am not a Christian. I feel we need to ask ourselves, if
the end of your earthly life was today, as it was for many people this week,
would you be with Christ today? What is your purpose for living? What do you
hold to be concrete? I was asked what my purpose in life was during a job
interview for an art position in a large public school last year. What would
your answer have been? God bless Bergie
[Berg, Renee] ? -----Original Message-----