Re: Nostradamus debate.......

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 11:35:49 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526
> Bunki,
> You sound so touchy about this...I just passed along information what the
> Chronicle said. Whether someone believes in Nostradamus's predicictions is
> one thing...but to pass along words that he supposedly quoted is another. He
> did not say those words and that is according to scholars that study his
> work. > Laurie
 ***************************

Dear Friends....
I certainly didn't start out being "touchy" about this subject but, now that
you mention it in your post, I'm starting to now. I didn't like the actions
of two of you who were insinuating that I was passing on an urban legend as
fact. And...BTW...I never quoted ANY words per se (see above post). You read
more in my remarks than was there.

His writings have been discussed during his lifetime and for
centuries....not just from the 1900's...so there's some credence to these
possibilities. For every website/newspaper/etc. one can quote to me, there
are boundless other sites, etc. that say otherwise with his ORIGINAL words.
In fact, the ratio is MORE than comfortably tipped to a connection...if
you've done any research other than a newspaper article...(like a 8:2
ratio). My first remarks of Nostradamus pertained to INTEREST in his
writings. Your remarks were to shoot down my words with one little newspaper
article as definite fact.

I'm not defending nor tossing aside Nostradamus' theories. I still have
hopes that you won't either.

I won't comment on this again...other than to say please do more
research...as I have been...and make up your own mind with more information.
Then....if you disagree or agree...at least we are on the same page and we
can have a friendly, healthy debate. Toodles....Bunki

---