Best wishes from Ireland

---------

From: Sally & Mike Engle (salnmike_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 09:33:29 PDT

I thought I would share a letter from my dear friend in Ireland. It is so
wonderful that the world is supporting our country. For those who wish to
hear from one person in Ireland, read on.

My dear dear Sally,
My heart is filled with a heavy sad feeling these last few days. I cannot
really get my head around it all.......that people , human beings, would set
out to do such a crazy, devastating act of violence, knowing that 1000's
would be surely killed. I am almost ashamed to belong to the human race.
Animals have more regard and respect for each other. Here in Ireland today,
there have been ecumenical and other religious services to pray for those
lost and those who mourn their loss. My Mom was at the Central Bus station
in Dublin this morning at 11am when 3 minutes silence was observed all over
the nation. The station was jammed with people and you could hear a pin drop
for those 3 minutes.
This is just so unbelievable. I do hope that we all learn good things from
this atrocity or it has all been for nothing. We need to be grounded and to
find what really are our priorities in life.his event has flattened us all.
Most Irish speak of nothing else. In town today all businesses,
pubs,shops,banks etc are closed......like Christmas day. We all want to help
but feel helpless. We are all sending our prayers and thoughts to you in
America to give you strength to get through this terrible time, to have the
courage to face the future and to bring to a speedy end, this great threat
and fear that we all feel.

Sally Engle ^.^ salnmike@foryou.net

---