Re: tattoos

---------

From: pgstephens (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 08:43:49 PDT

Remarkably, the blood donation centers here in North Texas are closing
for a few days because they actually have more blood than can be safely
stored or used. People have waited in line for upwards to 12 hours to
donate.

The blood donation centers are apologizing that they have a need to
close for a few days. Is this not a wonderful symbol of the sense of
community and family within our country?

As for who can give blood, the last time I tried to give blood, there
was paperwork to be completed that included a variety of qualifying
questions including such diverse qualifiers as travel to certain
countries within a specified time, number of sex partners, and the
piercing/tattoo issue. After all that, I was disqualified after taking
a blood test and it was determined that I was anemic.

Heyjude5270@aol.com wrote:

> The Red Cross prohibits blood donations from anyone receiving either a
> tattoo, ear or body piercing within the 12 months prior to donating.

---