Re: tattoos

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 07:57:07 PDT

I was just wondering..and this list is all knowing so I thought I'd ask.
In the old days you could not give blood if you had a tattoo. Is this
still the case? What is the reason?? I used to think it was because many
people who got tattoos in the old days got them in unsavory places with
questionable sanitary conditions and may have contracted something.
ie. the classic drunken sailor on shore leave. Do
our sophisticated blood techniques now make this worry unnecessary??
Pretty soon we will not be able to take blood from anyone under 50, and
you wouldn't be able to give blood, even to same a family member's life.
Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #