Re: Another perspective

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 07:02:16 PDT

Just want to say thanks for sharing what I imagine to be a first hand
insightful letter on the plight of the people of Afghanistan, the comparison
to the Taliban and Bin Ladin as the Nazis, etc;

I had a course on "War" that I took about14 years ago now...the purpose
being for re-certification and it sounded interesting to me, since there is
a history of engaging war in my family and past. Statistics showed that
whenever you engage an enemy that is dug-in or entrenched, or in buildings
that need to be routed out building by building, the invading force will
lose TEN individuals to every ONE of the enemy. If indeed this action is by
the foot soldier, you will understand why I said in a previous post that
there will much weeping and body bags. Yes, this will come at a great
price! -Larry

---