Re: Bomb the ....

---------

From: Vivian Komando (komandv_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 10:44:53 PDT

My soul weeps with anguish and I do not have anyone I
personally know lost in this heinous act. I cannot even
imagine the sorrow that is ripping at the families and
friends of those are gone or that have not been accounted
for.

Less than a half hour ago, for 3 minutes, I was united
with my country men and women and children as we stood in
silence. Our unity is our strength, as is our compassion
and our desire to help.

Retaliation in haste will not resolve our anger, but may
have more dire consequences. Let us use our energies now
to help the survivors and families and friends, and ALL
the SUPPORT Personnel at the scenes of destruction. Our
government agencies are doing their work to assure that
the punishment is directed at the terrorists and the
countries harboring them. Let us resolve to use our
strength to rebuild our spirits and our nation. America
is not made up of the buildings, but of the people and
the power of their spirits that make America great.

Our loss is unforgiveable, but our unity now will send a
strong message and help us live through this tragedy.

I urged my students to be keepers of peace as they create
their response art pieces to terrorism. I urge you, my
sisters and brothers, to use your talents and strengths
in a manner that will strengthen our bonds and our
country.

~^~
Vivian

=====
Increase the Peace ~^~ {^}Each time a (Hu)man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, (s)he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. Robert F. Kennedy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Visit our High School art Page: http://members.home.net/artzheart