Re: bomb the...

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 08:47:54 PDT

Larry, We have political and military leaders to deal with the strategies of
aftermath. If there is one ray of hope for us it is that our leaders have
resolved to "go slowly." Many would like to strike the enemy now.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, we must wait because we need to be sure who
the enemy is. I'm not sure we will ever know the reasons behind this
atrocity but one thing is for sure. We must learn to protect ourselves
better. The response to patriotism is our way of vocalizing to the world
that we love and appreciate the country in which we live. It has always
been there, inside each of us, but now we need to show it to the world as
well as ourselves. Our part, as I see it, is to pick up the threads of our
lives and go forward to become strong again. Our country is not made up of
millions but of individuals who day by day plod on toward a common goal of
survival. War is an awful thing but it is now a reality in our world. We
must help our young people to deal with this reality. Teaching them to
express their thoughts, fears and anxieties through art is a valuable and
necessary task. In my opinion, no other subject area has this potential. I
applaud each of you who perform such a task. Judy
jnagel@saxarts.com