Re:Holly

---------

From: Judy Nagel (jdnag_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 20:29:44 PDT

Holly, Of all of us, you have seen first hand what this devastation has done to not only our biggest city and country but to our children. We live in America because we want to have contact with many different kinds of people. We feel it enriches us. We are the fortunate ones and that is why we have been targeted. Not only do we embrace many diverse cultures but we try not to hate those who perpetrate such abominable crimes as we have just witnessed. These sentiments are foreign to so many who do not understand the people in our country. I believe this is why some of them hate us. I feel sorry for these people. They have been so brainwashed to hatred that they do not have independence in their thinking or their hearts. I for one am not offended by anything you have said. I applaud your efforts and encourage you to continue the good fight. Our country comes together in times of strife. I think if we all look around we will see events that are inspiring because we as a country will not let anyone daunt us. In times of trouble we stick together. When was the last time the blood banks said sorry we have enough blood and turn away 400 people who waited in line 3-6 hours to give blood? How many teenagers have you seen lately to stop and help an elderly man who was hurt? How many times have you been stopped on the street and offered food and drink in recent times? The stories go on and on. I for one have always been proud to be an American and am even prouder now. Sad times....Judy
jnagel@saxarts.com