[Fwd: Fwd: WARNING! just got this one]Re: NY

---------

From: Deb Hyland (hyland5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 18:40:43 PDT

Make sure you give through appropriate channels, so donations truly
reach those who need it. Several listserve members have suggested sites
that you can donate at. The following is something my sister sent -
don't get caught up in this one.

Deb

attached mail follows:

Something you should know.........J.

attached mail follows:

WARNING! SCAMS are rampant -- just check out gas prices!

FYI...

I heard an interview with a Red Cross Employee on the radio this
> morning.> > He stated that people are going door-to-door in various cities
in Ohio
> > pretending to be with the Red Cross. These people are asking for
donations
> to> > help with the current tragedy. The gentleman from the Red Cross
warned that the
> Red> Cross NEVER goes door-to-door soliciting donations so DON'T give them
any> money.

---