Re: Today's Lesson / Peace and Love

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 17:31:53 PDT

Woody,
I did your lesson today- it was great. We had meaningful discussions,
the vocabulary development was great for them, and all the positive
words and thoughts made our spirits brighter too. You could feel the
atmosphere in the room lighten as the lesson went on. Some of the kids
suggested we make cards next week for the surviving victims, the firemen
and rescue workers and the families that have suffered. So we will.
Doing it Thursday worked out fine too. We talked about how Tuesday we
were filled with shock, yesterday was sadness and today the healing
needed to begin.
Thanks for the great idea-
Heather
PS- I failed origami crane making too-

Woody Duncan wrote:

> After yesterday, I knew I had to do something with my students.

---